Aviation Photography: A Pictorial Guide now available.

Aviation Photography: A Pictorial Guide by James O'Rear now available for purchase, click here to see the book: Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

Blog Archive

Monday 20 October 2008

ROLE demo at RAF Mildenhall

I was so dumbfounded by my trip to Wales that I totally forgot that the day BEFORE I left I was able to photograph an unusual event with my friend Nigel at RAF Mildenhall: an civilian orientation event used to familiarize those in the community with the worklings of a military lifestyle. Part of that orientation involved a small demonstration of the airfield assault capabilities utilizing F-15Es from Lakenheath, F-16s and A-10s from Spangdalem, Germany and an MC-130H Combat Talon II from the hosting facilty.



This C-17 Globemaster III snuck in before the airfield closed to traffic. And they even had pyro!



We weren't in the best position and the light was, well... crap. But, we did our best and I did get this nice image not normally photograph-able from the ground...







And now that I've gotten these posted, perhaps this week I can show you the images of the 1950s-era aircraft that passed through on a misty murky morning. :-)

No comments:

Stat Counter

About Me

My photo
Fairfield, California, United States
James O'Rear is an avid photographer specializing in aviation imagery (but anything in front of his camera is fair game). He currently lives in breezy Fairfield, California. He is a member the Arizona Aviation Photographers and the International Society for Aviation Photography. He is also the author of "Aviation Photography: a pictorial guide". More of James' photography can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/james_orear