Aviation Photography: A Pictorial Guide now available.

Aviation Photography: A Pictorial Guide by James O'Rear now available for purchase, click here to see the book: Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

Blog Archive

Wednesday 2 September 2009

If I said it has been a busy couple of months I would be guilty of quite the understatement. We packed up everything we owned (again), moved from one continent to another (again) and got settled into a new house with new schools and new neighbors (again). And if I said I had taken a couple of months off from aviation photography I'd be a liar! So here's the quick update:

Last time I wrote I was still living in England and as we were leaving we spent the day in London and oh, it's so sad I can hardly say it: our room overlooked the departure runway at Heathrow. I know, I know... horrible. So I spent most of my last day photographing commercial jets with the biggest surprise being an arriving A380 (the largest passenger plane flying) touching down waaaaaay on the other side of the airfield.





















































So now we're in sunny Arizona and after taking a bit of time to get settled I connected up with a local photographer who offered to show me the hot spots (pardon the pun) for aircraft spotting in the Tucson area. I've also gotten plugged into a great organization, the Arizona Aviation Photographers AzAP. So nice to be in yet another great spotter community! So there's already been a couple of spotting sessions with some great aircraft caught and a field trip or two in the works.























































Here's to more aviation adventures from our new home!

No comments:

Stat Counter

About Me

My photo
Fairfield, California, United States
James O'Rear is an avid photographer specializing in aviation imagery (but anything in front of his camera is fair game). He currently lives in breezy Fairfield, California. He is a member the Arizona Aviation Photographers and the International Society for Aviation Photography. He is also the author of "Aviation Photography: a pictorial guide". More of James' photography can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/james_orear