Aviation Photography: A Pictorial Guide now available.

Aviation Photography: A Pictorial Guide by James O'Rear now available for purchase, click here to see the book: Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

Blog Archive

Friday 19 November 2010

Galley Cart Sticker Project- NOV update

It's been awhile since I wrote about the galley cart so here's an update:


It looks awesome!!!!


First, a giant huge thanks to those of you that have sent in stickers/decals for the cart. To check the mail with my kids and pull out an envelope that might have a sticker in it is pretty neat, especially considering some of the postmarks they came here with. The other great part of this is I can point to each one and tell the story of how it arrived here. Being of Irish heritage, an object by itself isn't really anything special. An item with a story to tell is a treasure beyond measure. Because of the ties I'm able to make through my photography friendships are created and since we move every 2-3 years I get to make a lot of new friends. And many of you have, on occasion, come across the stickers that are making this project happen. So here's the updated look:



And to answer a couple of questions right off the bat:
1. Yes, those are remote controls. The cart sits next to my desk in my office and is one of the best pieces of furniture I own as it fits into my aviation-related decor.

2. Yes, that is an antenna. Specifically it is off of a Boeing 737. There is a corner in the gift shop of the Pima Air & Space Museum (where I spend a little time as a volunteer) and in that corner you can purchase aircraft parts. Now they're not from the aircraft at the museum, they're scavenged from the local scrap yards that surround the 309th AMARG facility (they don't like to be called the Boneyard) as well as sprinkled across southern Arizona. Lee visits these places and picks some amazing items out of the heaps of, well.... junk. One of those items was the galley cart itself, another was the B737 antenna. If you can't get to the Pima museum to sort through the goodies you can browse some of his offerings at his website Boneyard 2 U.

3. Can I send you a sticker/decal? OF COURSE YOU CAN! Send me an e-mail for my mailing address if you would like to contribute an aviation-related sticker/decal or, if you know me, something that would have a tale connected to it. james AT jamesorear DOT com

.

No comments:

Stat Counter

About Me

My photo
Fairfield, California, United States
James O'Rear is an avid photographer specializing in aviation imagery (but anything in front of his camera is fair game). He currently lives in breezy Fairfield, California. He is a member the Arizona Aviation Photographers and the International Society for Aviation Photography. He is also the author of "Aviation Photography: a pictorial guide". More of James' photography can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/james_orear