Aviation Photography: A Pictorial Guide now available.

Aviation Photography: A Pictorial Guide by James O'Rear now available for purchase, click here to see the book: Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

Blog Archive

Friday 15 April 2011

At the gun range.... a point-of-view video

One of the groups I belong to, the Arizona Aviation Photographers or AzAP, recently held an outing to the Barry Goldwater Bomb & Gunnery Range. Originally there were two missions by F-16 squadrons out of Luke AFB but just as we were preparing to leave we also got a visit from the A-10 Warthogs of Davis-Monthan AFB. Oh happy day!

On this occasion I finally got to implement an idea I had been kicking around on how to bring my viewers into the experience of aviation photography in a different way. Being a fan of the popular 1980s show MacGyver I looked around my office and came up with a solution I think had the essence of a McGyver-esque contraption: I mounted my pocket digi-cam (with video capability) onto my ball cap. Take a look, crank it up if you're brave (or if you want to scare the snot out of your cubicle-mates).




No comments:

Stat Counter

About Me

My photo
Fairfield, California, United States
James O'Rear is an avid photographer specializing in aviation imagery (but anything in front of his camera is fair game). He currently lives in breezy Fairfield, California. He is a member the Arizona Aviation Photographers and the International Society for Aviation Photography. He is also the author of "Aviation Photography: a pictorial guide". More of James' photography can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/james_orear